Visitor notices and regulations
A summary of regulations is provided below. Please note, no dogs, other than registered disability assistance dogs, are allowed in the Gardens.
The following are not permitted in the Gardens:
- animals - except registered disability assistance dogs
- bicycles, tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, scooters
- vehicles other than powered wheelchairs
- radios/music players
- musical instruments
- ball games/sports (including jogging)
- tree climbing
- pruning or touching plants
Please note also:
- children under 17 years must be supervised by an adult at all times
- a maximum of ten school children are permitted in the shops at any one time
- picnics are permitted
- no picnics in the glasshouses or on planted areas
- no barbecues or picnic furniture
Special permission is required for photography or painting for commercial purposes.
- Commercial photography Read more on our page about commercial filming and photography, or contact the commercial media team on 0208 332 5501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Painting If you wish to sketch or paint in one of the glasshouses and you plan to use the image you create commercially, please apply for permission to the commercial media team on 0208 332 5501 or email@example.com. If the image you create is purely for your personal use and you wish to erect an easel in a glasshouse, you are welcome to do so as long as you do not impede other visitors.
For press enquiries regarding filming in Kew Gardens, please call the Press Office in advance on 020 8332 5607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More from Kew
Kew bag for lifeFeatures the Kew Gardens logo. From 100% unbleached cotton
Shop onlineA selection of delicious teas available to buy in our gift shop
Art exhibition'Magnolias' features paintings by artist Barbara Oozeerally.
Book of the monthBeautiful paintings and fascinating information about magnolias