Garden rules and regulations
The following are not permitted in the Gardens:
- animals – except registered disability assistance dogs
- bicycles / tricycles, roller skates, skateboards, scooters*
- vehicles other than powered wheelchairs
- radios / music players
- musical instruments
- ball games / sports (including jogging)
- pruning or touching plants
*Storage is provided for tricycles, roller skates and skateboards at Victoria and Elizabeth Gates only. Racks for bicycles and micro-scooters are available at all four gates.
Please note: children 16 years and under must be supervised by an adult at all times. A maximum of ten schoolchildren is permitted in the shops at any one time.
Picnics are permitted but note these restrictions:
- No picnics in the glasshouses or on planted areas
- No barbeques or picnic furniture
Special permission is required for:
- photography or painting for commercial purposes
- any painting requiring an easel in the glasshouses
Please contact: Kew Gardens Visitor Information. Telephone +44 (0)20 8332 5655 or email email@example.com.
For press enquiries regarding filming in Kew Gardens, please contact the Press Office in advance, on +44 (0)20 8332 5607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.