Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
Kew's Broad Walk is currently undergoing a redesign and work on path resurfacing and drainage is underway. Planting on the Broad Walk Borders will begin in autumn this year and should be completed by the end of June 2016. Find out more about the Broad Walk redevelopment.
The Kew Explorer land train service runs from Stop 1 at Victoria Gate half hourly from 11am until 4.30pm. Please note there is no 4pm service on Saturday 25 April 2015.
Kew Gardens Gallery at Cambridge Cottage is closed on 25 April, 27 to 29 April and 1 and 3 May.
The Orangery Restaurant closes at 4pm on 1, 2 and 3 May 2015.
Due to staff shortage The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art and the Marianne North Gallery will close every Monday until further notice. Please contact the galleries on 020 8332 3622 to confirm opening hours.
No dogs are allowed in the Gardens except guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs.
- Adult online ticket £14 (at the gate £16.50)
- Child online ticket £2.50 (at the gate £3.50)
- Concession online ticket £13 (at the gate £15.50)
Why book online?
- Save: Reduced price tickets when you book online
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast track entry at the Victoria Gate entrance on Kew Road (TW9 3JR)
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 10am. Closing times vary.
- The Gardens are closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (24 and 25 December)
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station - connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford.
- Kew Bridge station - connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 10 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket money toys.