Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
The Waterlily House is closed until April 2015.
The Kew Explorer land train service runs on the hour from Stop 1 at Victoria Gate from 11am to 3pm at weekends only.
Kew Gardens Gallery at Cambridge Cottage is closed on 29 and 30 January 2015.
From 2 to 20 Feb the Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art will be closed while we install our new exhibition 'Kew’s Heritage Trees', opening 21 Feb. During this period The Marianne North Gallery will be open Monday to Friday and closed at weekends. Please contact the galleries on 020 8332 3622 to confirm opening hours.
The lift at the Treetop Walkway is currently out of service.
No dogs are allowed in the Gardens except guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs.
- Adults £9.50 (until 31 January 2015, £11 with voluntary donation*)
- From 1 February 2015, adults £15.00 (concessions £14.00)
- Children aged 16 years and under visit free
- Tickets for the Gardens can be purchased in advance online and at the gates on the day
* When you donate to Kew you enable us to claim Gift Aid from the governement. So, by giving a little, you are helping a lot. Gift Aid can be claimed on donations from UK tax payers.
Why book online?
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast track entry
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 9.30am
- The Gardens are closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (24 and 25 December)
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station - connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford.
- Kew Bridge station - connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 10 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket money toys.