Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
The Waterlily House is closed until April 2015.
The Kew Explorer land train service runs on the hour from Stop 1 at Victoria Gate from 11am to 3pm.
Kew Gardens Gallery at Cambridge Cottage is closed on 20 and 21 February 2105.
Until 20 February the Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art will be closed while we install our new exhibition 'Kew’s Heritage Trees', opening 21 February. Please contact the galleries on 020 8332 3622 to confirm opening hours.
No dogs are allowed in the Gardens except guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs.
- From 1 February until 21 April 2015, adults £15.00 (concessions £14.00)
- Children aged 16 years and under visit free
- Tickets for the Gardens can be purchased in advance online and at the gates on the day
Why book online?
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast track entry at the Victoria Gate entrance on Kew Road (TW9 3JR)
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 9.30am. From 22 April 2015 the Gardens will open at 10am.
- The Gardens are closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (24 and 25 December)
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station - connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford.
- Kew Bridge station - connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 10 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket money toys.