Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
Kew's Broad Walk is currently undergoing a redesign. Planting on the Broad Walk Borders has begun and should be completed by the end of June 2016. Find out more about the Broad Walk redevelopment.
Princess of Wales Conservatory: the temperate carnivorous plants zone 9 is closed for maintenance.
Kew Gardens Gallery at Cambridge Cottage is closed on 27, 29, 30 November and 1, 2, and 3 December.
The Alpine House will be closed for essential maintenance work on 27 November.
The Pavilion Restaurant is now closed for the winter.
The Gardens close at 4.15pm (last entry 3.45pm).
Off-peak seasonal price 2 November 2015 to 5 February 2016
- Adult online ticket: £8 (at the gate: £9) (with donation: online £9 - at the gate £10)
- Child online ticket: £2.50 (at the gate: £3.50)
- Concession online ticket: £13 (at the gate: £15.50)
Why book online?
- Save: Reduced-price tickets when you book online
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast-track entry at the Victoria Gate entrance on Kew Road (TW9 3JR)
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 10am. Closing times vary.
- The Gardens are closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (24 and 25 December)
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station — connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford
- Kew Bridge station — connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 15 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit-stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket-money toys.