Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
From 27 to 30 September there will be some equipment installed within the lower level of The Hive to facilitate the live performances of The Hive soundscape (on 28 and 29 September). On 28 and 29 September the Hive will be open 10am - 4.30pm. Tickets for the live performances can be purchased at kew.org/beone
The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art will close at the earlier time of 4pm on 28 September.
The Orangery Restaurant closes at 4pm on 30 September and 1 October.
The Kew Explorer land train operates on an hourly basis from 11am to 4pm, first stop at Victoria Gate.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
The Plants + People exhibition in Museum No.1 is closed until November 2016 while we install an exciting new café and exhibition.
The flying of drones and other remotely controlled aircraft and equipment is not allowed in the Gardens.
No dogs are allowed in the Gardens except guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs. Such dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
The Gardens close at 6pm each evening (with last entry at 5.30pm).
Why book online?
- Save: Reduced-price tickets when you book online
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast-track entry at the Victoria Gate entrance on Kew Road (TW9 3JR)
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 10am (closed only on 24 and 25 December).
- Closing times vary.
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station — connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford
- Kew Bridge station — connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 15 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit-stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket-money toys.