Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Pavilion Restaurant, Waterlily House and Kew Palace and the Royal Kitchens are closed for winter.
The Pagoda is undergoing important conservation work and will be covered in scaffolding from March until early 2018.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
The flying of drones and other remotely controlled aircraft and equipment is not allowed in the Gardens.
No dogs are allowed in the Gardens except guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs. Such dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
The Gardens close at 5.30pm (last entry at 5pm).
Why book online?
- Save: Reduced-price tickets when you book online
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast-track entry at the Victoria Gate entrance on Kew Road (TW9 3JR)
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 10am (closed only on 24 and 25 December).
- Closing times vary.
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station — connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford
- Kew Bridge station — connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 15 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Four different eateries at Kew offering quick coffee-and-cake pit-stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket-money toys.