Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
The Plants + People exhibition in Museum No.1 is closed until mid-July while we install an exciting new café and exhibition.
The Orangery Restaurant will close at 4pm on 25 and 26 June with last orders at 3.30pm.
Princess of Wales Conservatory: the temperate carnivorous plants Zone 9 is closed for maintenance and the glasshouse will close at 5.30pm on 25 June.
The flying of drones and other remotely controlled aircraft and equipment is not allowed in the Gardens.
No dogs are allowed in the Gardens except guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs. Such dogs must be kept on a lead at all times.
The Gardens close at 6.30pm from Monday to Thursday, 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays and at 7.30pm on Sundays, with last entry half an hour before the Gardens close.
Why book online?
- Save: Reduced-price tickets when you book online
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast-track entry at the Victoria Gate entrance on Kew Road (TW9 3JR)
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 10am (closed only on 24 and 25 December).
- Closing times vary.
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station — connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford
- Kew Bridge station — connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 15 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit-stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket-money toys.