Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
Planting on the new Broad Walk Borders has begun and should be completed by the end of June 2016. Find out more about the Broad Walk redevelopment.
The Treetop Walkway lift is out of service until further notice.
The Pavilion Restaurant is closed until 23 March
The Waterlily House is closed until 18 March.
Kew Gardens Gallery is closed until 29 February while we carry out essential maintenance work.
The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art will be closed until 20 February while we install our new exhibition. During this time the Marianne North Gallery will be open from Monday to Friday only (closed on the weekend of 13-14 February). It will also be closed all day on 11 February and from 3.30pm on 12 February and 14 March.
The Gardens close at 5.30pm (last entry at 5pm).
Why book online?
- Save: Reduced-price tickets when you book online
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast-track entry at the Victoria Gate entrance on Kew Road (TW9 3JR)
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 10am (closed only on 24 and 25 December).
- Closing times vary.
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station — connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford
- Kew Bridge station — connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 15 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit-stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket-money toys.