Plan your visit to Kew Gardens
All you need to know when planning your visit to Kew Gardens, including ticket prices, opening times and details of our facilities.
These notices are updated regularly. Check this page on the day of your visit.
The Kew Explorer land train service runs on the hour from Stop 1 at Victoria Gate from 11am until 3pm on weekdays and on the half hour from 11am until 4.30pm at the weekend. On Tuesday 21 October the 11am and 12 noon services are cancelled and there is an additional service at 4pm.
Kew Gardens Gallery at Cambridge Cottage is closed on 21 -23 and 25 October.
The Orangery Restaurant will close at 4pm on 25 October and at 3pm on 26 October.
Due to staff shortage The Shirley Sherwood Gallery of Botanical Art and the Marianne North Gallery will close on Mondays until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please contact the galleries on 020 8332 3622 to confirm opening hours.
The Marianne North Gallery will be closed on Friday 24 October until 12pm due to a private event.
No dogs are allowed in the Gardens except guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs.
The Temperate House and the Evolution House are closed until 2018 for a major restoration project.
- Adults £15.00 (£16.50 with voluntary donation*)
- Concessions £14.00 (£15.50 with voluntary donation*)
- Children aged 16 years and under visit free
- Tickets for the Gardens can be purchased in advance online and at the gates on the day
* When you donate to Kew you enable us to claim Gift Aid from the governement. So, by giving a little, you are helping a lot. Gift Aid can be claimed on donations from UK tax payers.
Why book online?
- Flexible visit dates: Online tickets are valid for a visit on any day within 30 days of your chosen visit date
- Avoid the queues: Online bookers are eligible for fast track entry
- Kew Gardens opens daily at 9.30am
- The Gardens are closed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (24 and 25 December)
How to find us
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AB
- Kew Gardens station - connected to the London Underground District Line and London Overground between Richmond and Stratford.
- Kew Bridge station - connected to South West Trains from Waterloo, via Vauxhall and Clapham Junction
Visiting in a group? Parties of 10 or more people making a single payment together qualify for a group discount.
Eat and drink
Peyton & Byrne offers four different eateries at Kew, from quick coffee-and-cake pit stops to child-friendly restaurants, sumptuous dining rooms and beautiful events spaces.
Pick up a memento of your visit in our shops at Victoria Plaza and White Peaks where you’ll discover several speciality boutiques with tempting collections of gifts for keen gardeners, culinary connoisseurs and book lovers. The White Peaks children’s shop is dedicated to young adventurers with a host of great inspirational pocket money toys.