Escape to Kew Gardens this August Bank Holiday
This August Bank Holiday, why not get all the family together and enjoy a fantastic day at Kew Gardens? Whether you'd prefer to relax amongst 300 acres of stunning natural beauty, marvel at tropical plants and rare species in our glasshouses or scale the heights of the Xstrata Tree Top walkway, we've got something for all ages and tastes...
Plan your day with ease
Planning a visit to Kew Gardens this August Bank Holiday? Our essential visitor information has all you need.
What's in bloom?
August is a great month to take in the beauty of Kew Gardens. Here's a taster of what you can expect to see.
Echinacea purpurea (eastern purple coneflower) - find me growing in the Order Beds and the borders around the Grass Garden
Papaver rhoeas (common poppy) - find me growing in the Queen’s Garden behind Kew Palace
Victoria amazonica (giant waterlily) - Queen of the water lilies, find me in the Waterlily House
Rosa graciliflora (slender stalked rose) - find me between the Palm House and Victoria Gate, and between the Temple of Aeolus and Museum No. 1
Feed the family for under £12 each
A tasty deal this August Bank Holiday!
Enjoy four breakfast pastries served with accompanying beverages, a delicious roast chicken and seasonal vegetable dinner and then a trip to our ice creamery for just £47.50 per family of four.
Take advantage of this great offer across the Bank Holiday weekend by collecting a meal voucher from one of our on-site catering outlets. No booking necessary.
Fun for all the family
Kew Gardens is the ultimate family day out and with children 16 and under entering free, it's also great value too. Check out our ideas for an action packed day.
- It's your last chance to visit our on-site Wood Quarry where sculptor in residence, David Nash, continues to craft new work.
- A kids paradise awaits in our two botanical adventure playgrounds; Treehouse Towers and Climbers & Creepers.
- Get up-close and personal with life under water in our Palm House Marine Display.
- Go on a 3.5 billion year journey through Earth’s history back to the land of the dinosaurs. Visit our Evolution House.
- Indulge in one (or more!) scoops of delicious ice cream at our on site ice-cream parlour.
- Prefer to chill out? We've acres of open space for you to relax and unwind in.
- Enjoy some retail therapy - our fabulous Bank Holiday sale commences Friday 24th August.
Can't make it to Kew Gardens?
If you can't make it to Kew Gardens but are still looking for ways to entertain the family or enjoy the Kew experience, then look no further. We've got five great ideas to keep everyone happy this August bank holiday.
- Grow your own: Plant your own flowers in fantastic Kew Gardens pots
- Get snap-happy: read Philip Smith of IGPOTY’s great hints & tips on capturing the perfect image, then join our Natural Neighborhood Flickr community and share your fantastic work
- Discover wildlife in your own back-garden with our fun bug catcher kit
- Get crafty: our paper recycling pack offers hours of fun to keep your children entertained
- Learn about a new fascinating plant species. We’ve got hundreds of species profiles for you to explore
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew