Some of Kew's other famous attractions include glasshouses, water and wildlife areas, museums and galleries, themed plant collections, vistas and landscapes.
Kew's Arboretum stretches over the majority of the Gardens' 121 leafy hectares (300 acres).
Berberis Dell was created between 1869 and 1875. It was once a gravel pit and is Kew's third-biggest excavation after the Lake and Rhododendron Dell.
Cherry Walk runs from the Rose Garden behind the Palm House to King William's Temple, and then on to the Temperate House.
Kew has exhibited a living grass collection as far back as the early 19th century.
Stretching for 1,030 metres, Holly Walk is one of Europe’s most comprehensive collections of mature hollies.
The Japanese Minka house stands in the Bamboo Garden between the Lake and River Thames.
On the southern side of Cedar Vista, about halfway between the Pagoda and River Thames, stands Kew's Redwood Grove.
The Rhododendron Dell is believed to date back to Kew's early days. In around 1734, Charles Bridgeman created a sunken garden on the Richmond Estate (now the western half of Kew).