Kew Views - Why does plant diversity matter?
There are hundreds of thousands of different plant species in the world, but sadly, we now know that one in five of these is threatened with extinction. But why should we care? Do we really need this much diversity? The short answer to this question is yes, because plant diversity means resilience. Watch Kew’s new video to find out more about why plant diversity matters and how our conservation work around the world is helping to safeguard plants at risk.
Find out more
- About Kew's work - conservation and climate change
- How Kew's work is helping the planet breathe
- Ecologists find new clues on climate change in 150 year-old pressed plants
- Seed Responses to Climate Change and Environmental Extremes
- Conservation and climate change news
- Go behind the scenes with Kew blogs
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew