Shop at Kew Gardens
This volunteering opportunity is ideal for people with an interest in plants and a passion for horticulture. Kew shop volunteers enjoy meeting people and thrive in a customer-focused environment.
Garden shop at Victoria Gate
Volunteers help out in the plant shop at Victoria Gate and assist with a range of activities. Opportunities are available every day and volunteers are not required to use a till. Tasks could include:
- the irrigation of outdoor plants and terrace plants.
- the light maintenance of plants (e.g. dead-heading and weeding).
- helping customers take purchases to the cash desk.
- giving advice on plants, horticultural goods and answering general customer enquiries.
- interacting with members of the public.
Skills and qualities
You will enjoy this role if you:
- are a ‘people person’ and team player
- have some knowledge of plants and their care
- are friendly and positive around large volumes of people
- are confident with a passion for Kew and plants.
How to apply
To apply for a volunteering role in the Kew shop please complete and return the Volunteer application form
More from Kew
Kew bag for lifeFeatures the Kew Gardens logo. From 100% unbleached cotton
Book of the monthPlant Lover's Guides to Dahlias and Salvias
Art exhibition'Magnolias' features paintings by artist Barbara Oozeerally.
Shop onlineA selection of delicious teas available to buy in our gift shop