Plant shop at Kew Gardens
This volunteering opportunity is ideal for people with an interest in plants and a passion for horticulture. Kew shop volunteers enjoy meeting people and thrive in a customer-focused environment.
Garden shop at Victoria Gate
Volunteers help out in the plant shop at Victoria Gate and assist with a range of activities. Opportunities are available every day and volunteers are not required to use a till. Tasks could include:
- the irrigation of outdoor plants and terrace plants.
- the light maintenance of plants (e.g. dead-heading and weeding).
- helping customers take purchases to the cash desk.
- giving advice on plants, horticultural goods and answering general customer enquiries.
- interacting with members of the public.
Skills and qualities
You will enjoy this role if you:
- are a ‘people person’ and team player
- have some knowledge of plants and their care
- are friendly and positive around large volumes of people
- are confident with a passion for Kew and plants.
More from Kew
Art exhibition'Magnolias' features paintings by artist Barbara Oozeerally.
Book of the monthPlants: from roots to riches - a companion to the series
Kew bag for lifeFeatures the Kew Gardens logo. From 100% unbleached cotton
Shop onlineTea towel and bag with unique designs by Holly Francesca.