Become a patron
The botanic Gardens at Kew and Wakehurst are the visible, tangible evidence of our work, with their spectacular and globally diverse living collections. However, much of Kew's innovative scientific and conservation work takes place behind the scenes.
With plant species fast disappearing, we are using our expertise and the information held in our collections to gain a better understanding of the changing world, and guiding decisions about where to focus conservation efforts.
Over the past 250 years, Kew has developed as a global hub for botanic research and collections. This work is vital for the survival of all life on earth but our current resources are not enough. Will you make a commitment to Kew’s work by becoming a patron?
Your chance to become part of the Kew story
There are three levels of Patron of Kew, detailed below. Entry level is an annual contribution of £1,000. Your generosity provides essential funding for global plant conservation, science and research, Kew's horticulture and historic landscape, its botanical art collection and iconic heritage buildings. You can choose to pay annually or with installments by Direct Debit.
£1,000 per annum (£400 membership and £600 donation)
- unlimited free admission to Kew and Wakehurst for you and a family member
- a programme of exclusive Kew Patrons’ events Joseph Banks Patrons events 2015
- an annual reception with the Director of the Gardens
- the award-winning Kew magazine
- acknowledgement in Kew publications and annual review
Joseph Banks Patron
£5,000 per annum (£1,250 membership and £3,750 donation)
In addition to the benefits listed above, Joseph Banks Patrons also enjoy:
- a programme of exclusive Joseph Banks Patrons’ events
- an invitation to the annual Joseph Banks Patrons’ dinner
- access to Kew’s experts
Joseph Banks Premier Patron
£10,000 per annum (£2,500 membership and £7,500 donation)
In addition to the benefits listed above, Joseph Banks Premier Patrons also enjoy:
- lunch with the Director of Kew, Richard Deverell
- a private tour of Kew Gardens or Wakehurst for friends or family members
You can join by setting up a Direct Debit, with annual, quarterly or monthly payments, or with an annual payment by cheque or credit/debit card.
Download the Joseph Banks Patron form