Volunteer at Kew Gardens - Garden and plant shop
This volunteering opportunity is ideal for people with an interest in plants and a passion for horticulture. Kew shop volunteers enjoy meeting people and thrive in a customer-focused environment.
Garden shop at Victoria Gate
Volunteers help out in the plant shop at Victoria Gate and assist with a range of activities. Opportunities are available every day and volunteers are not required to use a till.
- The irrigation of outdoor plants and terrace plants.
- The light maintenance of plants (e.g. dead-heading and weeding).
- Helping customers take purchases to the cash desk.
- Giving advice on plants, horticultural goods and answering general customer enquiries.
- Interacting with members of the public.
Skills and qualities
You will enjoy this role if you:
- are a ‘people person’ and team player
- have some knowledge of plants and their care
- are friendly and positive around large volumes of people
- are confident with a passion for Kew and plants.
How to apply
To apply for a volunteering role in the Kew shop please complete and return the application form:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Kew Gardens.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew
22 Jan 2013
To celebrate the opening of Orchids at Kew Gardens, our 'book of the month' feature shines the spotlight on this popular family with an introduction to Hardy Cypripedium by Werner Frosch and Phillip Cribb.