Volunteer at Kew Gardens - Garden and plant shop
This volunteering opportunity is ideal for people with an interest in plants and a passion for horticulture. Kew shop volunteers enjoy meeting people and thrive in a customer-focused environment.
Garden shop at Victoria Gate
Volunteers help out in the plant shop at Victoria Gate and assist with a range of activities. Opportunities are available every day and volunteers are not required to use a till.
- The irrigation of outdoor plants and terrace plants.
- The light maintenance of plants (e.g. dead-heading and weeding).
- Helping customers take purchases to the cash desk.
- Giving advice on plants, horticultural goods and answering general customer enquiries.
- Interacting with members of the public.
Skills and qualities
You will enjoy this role if you:
- are a ‘people person’ and team player
- have some knowledge of plants and their care
- are friendly and positive around large volumes of people
- are confident with a passion for Kew and plants.
How to apply
To apply for a volunteering role in the Kew shop please complete and return the application form:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Kew Gardens.