Your questions answered
Find out all you need to know about membership.
The Princess of Wales Conservatory, opened in 1987 is Kew's most complex glasshouse, with ten different computer controlled environments in one building.
How to contact us
You can call us on 0208 332 3200 9am until 5pm seven days a week.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our postal address
Friends' Office, Kew Foundation, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, 47 Kew Green, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3AB.
In the Gardens
We have a dedicated membership desk at Victoria Plaza, where you can talk to the Friends' Team about your membership option and joining, renew your annual subscription, update your details and more.
You can also join, renew or buy gift membership at any of the Gates at Kew Gardens or Wakehurst, and pay by cash, credit/debit card, cheque or Direct Debit.
How do I join?
- Online: Choose to pay by Direct Debit to enjoy a £10 discount on your membership or sign up by credit/debit card. Join online now
- By phone: Call us on 0208 332 3200 to join by credit/debit card.
- In person: At the Friends' Desk at Victoria Plaza or at any of the Gates. Your receipt will act as a temporary membership card, allowing entry until your new membership pack arrives.
- By post: To join, download an application form (pdf) and post it to us with your payment. Please allow up to 28 days for your membership card and pack to arrive.
Buying membership as a gift
- Buy a gift pack: Receive an attractive sealed booklet that contains a unique activation code, instructions on how to activate the membership plus useful Garden information. Present this pack to your gift recipient, who can choose when to activate the membership, within 6 months. You do not need to provide your gift recipient's details at the time of purchase. Available in Kew Friend Individual membership only. Buy your gift pack in store at Kew Gardens or in our online shop.
- Buy a gift e-voucher: Receive a pretty e-voucher that contains a unique activation code and instructions on how to activate the membership. Pass this e-voucher on to your gift recipient, who can choose when to activate the membership, within 6 months. Available in Kew Friend Individual or Kew Friend Joint membership. Buy your gift e-voucher online.
- Set up a recurring gift: Set up a Direct Debit and benefit from a £10 discount. You will need to provide your gift recipient's details, but you can choose whether you wanted the membership card to be sent to yourself or to your gift recipient direct. With this option, no e-voucher or gift pack is issued. Available in Kew Friend Individual or Kew Friend Joint membership. You can set up an ongoing gift by downloading a gift membership form and sending it to Friends of Kew, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, FREEPOST TK1107, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1BR. Alternatively, call us on 020 8332 3200 to set up your gift.
I'd like to change my membership
Please call us on 0208 332 3200, to upgrade your membership. You can change from having an Individual to a Joint membership. Additional costs will apply.
Do you have a family membership?
As children under 17 (accompanied by an adult) have free entry to Kew and Wakehurst Place, either an Individual or Joint membership will allow adults and children year-round entry.
Who can use joint membership?
Our joint memberships are for any two adults from the same family living at the same address. Each Friend receives their own card. Joint Friends receive one copy of Kew magazine. Please remember that cards are for use by the named individual only and are not transferable.
I’ve lost my membership card
Call us on 0208 332 3200 and we can arrange for a replacement card to be sent out to you so that you can continue to enjoy fast and easy access to the Gardens.
Why must my guests be family members?
HMRC regulations mean that it is only the visits of family members of Friends that enjoy free entry to the Gardens.
How do you define family member?
A family member is defined by HMRC as your spouse, civil partner, partner who you live with, sibling, lineal descendant or ancestor.
How do I bring in a family member to the Gardens?
When visiting with a family member, just show your valid membership card at the entrance gate and you will gain free entry for yourself and your family guest to the Gardens. Free entry is limited to one adult family guest per member on each visit (children under 17 have free entry to the Gardens).
How do I make a donation to Kew?
You can donate online here or phone us on 0208 332 3200 and donate by credit/debit card. If you would prefer to post a donation, please send it to: Kew Foundation, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, 47 Kew Green, Richmond, TW9 3AB. Please make cheques payable to “Kew Foundation” and remember to include your name and address. Find out about our areas of work.
Can I come into the Gardens without my membership card?
You’ll need to bring your valid membership card each time you wish to visit the Gardens. If you have misplaced your card, please call us to arrange a replacement card as soon as possible.