Who we advise
Kew's Millennium Seed Bank provides independent, scientific advice that underpins both quality assurance in research and contributes to better policy making. Find out more about the organisations that we advise.
Staff at Kew's Millennium Seed Bank support the work of numerous committees and boards. For example, group members sit on nine editorial boards and have executive and committee roles on the IUCN, ISTA, ISSS and the Society for Low Temperature Biology. Since 2008 we have:
- Assessed external grant applications worth >£6 million.
- Peer-reviewed articles submitted to more than 70 learned journals.
- Lead the Seed Storage Committee of the International Seed Testing Association and supported the Forest Tree and Shrub Seed Committee.
- Acted as trustee to the International Society for Seed Science.
- Supported the ex situ Conservation Group of the IUCN Species Survival Commission Orchid Specialist Group.
We have also peer-reviewed applications for funding to:
- The United States Department of Agriculture
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- National Research Foundation of South Africa
- About Kew's Millennium Seed Bank Partnership
- MSBP projects and partners
- Science Directory - Kew Projects
- Get involved - Adopt a Seed, Save a Species
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew