Kew in depth - Millennium Seed Bank Partnership
Kew's Millennium Seed Bank Partnership (MSBP) is the largest project in the world committed to safeguarding wild plant diversity from the combined threats of land conversion and climate change.
Our network of international partners in more than 50 countries focus on plants under immediate threat and those of greatest value to human livelihoods. By 2020 we aim to have 25% of the world's flowering plants safely banked for future use.
In these In-depth pages you will find more detailed information about some of our activities and also the UN Native Seed Hub project.
Seed banking technologies
- Drying and storing seeds at a local level
- Finding the best containers for storage
- How long can seeds survive?
- Getting difficult seeds to germinate
- Environmental conditions needed for seed germination
- Propagation of plants
- Predicting germination requirements
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew