Qualifications & Appointments
Kew Diploma in Horticulture, 2004
Committee, Kew Guild Awards
West Africa working group, Kew Herbarium.
Conservation assessment, inventory and monitoring of UK Overseas Territories plants; capacity-building for conservation and horticulture; role of botanic gardens in conservation, development of horticultural protocols and ex situ living collections.
Development of horticultural protocols and ex-situ collections at Kew. Development of nurseries in the UKOTs, with particular reference to their conservation role and the development of materials to help build capacity for conservation. Delivery of reports and technical information concerning UKOTs plant species. Inventory and monitoring of UKOTs plant communities; Implementation of the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation (GSPC).
Assist the Kew Wet Tropics Africa team in Cameroon as a member of the horticultural team in the Limbe Botanic gardens; trialing propagation methods for tropical plants. Undertake fieldwork collecting herbarium vouchers for development of local check lists. On-going communication with the horticulture team at Limbe Botanical Gardens.
- Dom, Bamenda Highlands Phase 2: reducing forest fragmentation and protecting what remains
- Developing Ex Situ Conservation Collections of UK Overseas Territories Plant Species In-Territory and at Kew
- Limbe Botanic Gardens, Cameroon: Search and Rescue of the Threatened Species of Mount Cameroon
- In Vitro Methods for the Conservation of Endemic Species
- UKOTs Online Herbarium
- Seed Conservation in the UK Overseas Territories
- Conservation of Ascension Island’s Endemic Plants - Project completed (2008-2010)
- Falkland Islands Native Plants Project - Project completed (2009-2012)
- Increasing Local Capacity to Conserve St Helena's Threatened Native Biodiversity
- Supporting Critical Species Recovery and Horticultural Needs on St Helena - Project completed (2008-10)
- Falkland Islands Plant Conservation - Project completed (2007-2009)
- Establishment of Montserrat Botanic Garden
- Strengthening capacity for Species Action Planning in Montserrat
- Turks and Caicos Islands Pine Recovery Programme
Selected Recent Publications
Cheek, M., Corcoran, M. & Horwath, A. (2008). Four new submontane species of Psychotria (Rubiaceae) with bacterial nodules from Western Cameroon. Kew Bulletin.
Corcoran, M.R., Robbins, S.K., Hamilton, M.A. & Clubbe, C. (2008). Report on the status of Rondeletia buxifolia Vahl., including a Germination and Cultivation Protocol (Internal report, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew)
Clubbe, C., Hamilton, M., and Corcoran, M. (2009). Rondeletia buxifolia, Rubiaceae. Plant in Peril 32. Curtis's Botanical Magazine 26(1&2): 131-141.
Wenger, L., Corcoran, M., Hamilton, M.A. & Clubbe, C. (2010). Report on the status of Cordia rupicola Urban, UK Overseas Territories, RBG Kew. UKOTs Horticulture Protocol Report # 3
Corcoran, M., Hamilton, M. & Clubbe, C. (2010). Developing horticulture protocols for threatened plants from the UK Overseas Territories. Proceedings of the 4th Global Botanic Gardens Congress, June 2010. Available on-line at: http://www.bgci.org/files/Dublin2010/papers/Corcoran-Marcella.pdf
Clubbe, C., Hamilton, M. & Corcoran, M. (2010). The role of native species nurseries in mitigating threats from invasive species: case studies from UK Overseas Territories. Proceedings of the 4th Global Botanic Gardens Congress, June 2010. Available on-line at: http://www.bgci.org/files/Dublin2010/papers/Clubbe-Colin.pdf
Clubbe, C. & Hamilton, M., & Corcoran, M. (2010). Salvia caymanensis (Lamiaceae). Plant in Peril, 36. Curtis’s Botanical Magazine 27(4), 365-375
Clubbe, C. & Hamilton, M., & Corcoran, M. (2010). Using the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation to Guide Conservation Implementation in the UK Overseas Territories. Kew Bulletin 65: 509-517.