Collections Horticulturist: Temperate and Carnivorous Plant Unit, Tropical Nursery, Great Glass Houses and Training
Conservation, Living Collections and Estates
Qualifications & Appointments
BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences, University Plymouth 1996
Diploma in Horticulture (Hons), Kew 2008
Provide support and facilities to grow UKOT plants and determine best practice for their cultivation. Seed production for restoration of critically endangered UKOT plants.
Care and propagation of threatened island flora, including that from United Kingdom’s Overseas Territories, in particular Mellissia begoniifolia, Rondeletia buxifolia, Trochetiopsis ebenus, Commidendrum robustum, Acacia anagadensis. Species from other islands including Medusagyne oppositifolia, Sophora toromiro, Dendroseris littoralis, Cylindrocline lorencei and Hibiscus fragilis. Results of experiments in germination tests/propagation protocols and general cultivation techniques made available to UKOT team and in situ conservation groups.
- Developing Ex Situ Conservation Collections of UK Overseas Territories Plant Species In-Territory and at Kew
- Living Collection Virtual Herbarium
- Monograph of Nepenthaceae
- Conservation of Ascension Island’s Endemic Plants - Project completed (2008-2010)
- Increasing Local Capacity to Conserve St Helena's Threatened Native Biodiversity
- Supporting Critical Species Recovery and Horticultural Needs on St Helena - Project completed (2008-10)
- Strengthening capacity for Species Action Planning in Montserrat