Medicinal Plant Names Services portal
Individual searches of the MPNS resource will be possible via a portal.
Key features of the Medicinal Plant Names Services (MPNS) portal:
- available for free;
- searches possible on Latin scientific, Latin pharmaceutical, herbal, trade and common names;
- allow individuals to answer a range of both simple and more complex questions about the plants covered;
- possible confusions will be highlighted if a name has been used for more than one plant;
- will guide users about the most appropriate name that is meaningful for their sector or discipline whilst allowing users to employ those names with which they are most familiar;
- help researchers and editors to use Latin scientific names effectively in their own publications;
- enable regulators to ensure that new legislation is meaningful, unambiguous, comprehensive and enforceable;
- designed to be more accessible and useful to our target audience than currently available resources.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew