Support and sponsorship
The development phase of Medicinal Plant Names Services (MPNS) has been made possible by a grant from the Wellcome Trust UK and the continued support of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Letters of support for MPNS have been received from:
- Director, WHO-Uppsala International Drug Monitoring Centre
- Chair of European Medicines Agency (EMA), Herbal Medicinal Product Committee
- The former Global Dictionary Head, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
- Chair of Group of Experts 13B Phytochemistry, Chair of Working Party MQH, and Nominated UK Expert to Group of Experts 13A Phytochemistry, European Pharmacopoeia
- Member of the British Pharmacopoeia Commission, and Member of Expert Advisory Group on Herbal and Complementary Medicines, British Pharmacopoeia Commission
- Director, Institute of Medicinal Development (IMPLAD), Chinese School of Medical Sciences, Chinese Pharmacopoeia
- Director, Scottish Poisons Information Bureau, National Poisons Information Service
- Head of Service, Chinese and Traditional Medicines, Medical Toxicology Information Services, Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
- Director, School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong, Authentication and Materia Medica for Chinese Herbs
- Director, Bureau of Drug and Narcotic, Department of Medical Sciences, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand
- Development Director, Pharmaceutical Press, Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Senior Publishing Editor, Ecology and Conservation, Springer
All these stakeholders have expressed an interest in seeing MPNS succeed and in using the services offered.
Our thanks to colleagues at Kew, particularly Christine Leon and Prof. Monique Simmonds, for discussion and development of ideas, and we acknowledge the support of individuals such as Prof. Michael Heinrich and others working for health regulators, WHO or the pharmaceutical industry who may prefer anonymity.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew