Can you give me more information about a particular plant species?
Kew’s scientific databases provide lots of species specific information.
Seed Information Database
Seed of Centaurea melitensis This image and other seed information can be found in "SID"
A full list of Kew's databases and publications can be found on this page (http://www.kew.org/data/index.html).
Easy access to this data is available through a central portal, the Electronic Plant Information Centre (ePIC)
The major databases are:
- DNA Bank Database
- Economic Botany Data Collection Standard
- Herbarium Catalogue
- IPNI (International Plant Names Index)
- Library Catalogue
- Seed Information Database (SID)
- SEPASAL Database (Survey of Economic Plants for Arid and Semi-Arid Lands)
- World Checklist of Selected Plant Families
All these can be found at the above link by chosing "resources A-Z".
We also have some general information about species in our plants and fungi pages.
You may also try www.plantlist.org.
An external database for European Native Species Seed Bank holdings and germination data is ENSCOBASE.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew