Kew's Millennium Seed Bank - frequently asked questions
See below for commonly asked questions about Kew's Millennium Seed Bank. If you don't find what you're looking for here, try the search box situated at the top right of this page or check out our recommended links.
Seeds and species
- Can I request seeds from Kew's Millennium Seed Bank?
- Can samples of seeds be donated to (or duplicated at) Kew's Millennium Seed Bank?
- How many species are held in Kew's Millennium Seed Bank?
- How can I germinate seeds from my garden?
- How can I collect and store seeds from my garden?
- Is it all right for me to collect seeds for my garden when I'm abroad?
- Can all seeds be stored?
- How long can seeds live?
- I am looking for vegetable seeds can you help?
- Can you give me more information about a particular species?
Images and artists
- Can I use an image from the website or can you provide me with a seed conservation related image?
- I am an artist and want to use seeds as subjects for my work , can you help?
- How do you capture the seed morphology images?
- What do you use to take the X-ray images?
Working with the Millennium Seed Bank Partnership
- I am an architecture student. Do you have any information about the building?
- How is the Millennium Seed Bank Partnership funded?
- How should I cite the website?
- I am a journalist and would like to know more about the Millennium Seed Bank Partnership, can you help?
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew