Senior Developer, Science Applications
- BSc (Hons), Botany, Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, University of London, 1995
- MSc, Computer Science, University of Kent at Canterbury, 1997
Solutions Architect in Science Applications section, with responsibility for design of science and horticulture IT systems
- Scopes and defines information systems component of science projects
- Contributes to definition of technical architecture
- Provides design overview for Kew and collaborative software development projects, in particular those associated with the management and dissemination of scientific name information
- Leads the technical development of the International Plant Names Index project (IPNI)
Nicolson, N., Paton, A., Croft, J., Macklin, J., Morris, P., Whitbread, G. &Gandhi, K. (2011). Advancing the International Plant Names Index (IPNI). IBC 2011 - XVIII International Botanical congress, 23-30/07/2011, Melbourne, Australia.
Knapp, S., Paton, A., Challis, K. & Nicolson, N. (2010) 'Run for your lives! End of the World!' - Electronic publication of new plant names. Taxon 59(4): 1009-1010.