Jackson, Andrew D.
Head of Wakehurst Place
- Dip. Horticulture, Kew (Hons), 1986
- MSc, Univ. Birmingham, 1988.
- Bryophyte, Temperate Trees and Reintroduction Specialist Groups IUCN-SSC
- Associate Board Member, European Committee for Conservation of Bryophytes
- UK Biodiversity Research Advisory Group.
Integrated species and habitat conservation programmes.
Conservation of UK biodiversity with a focus on the in situ management of fauna and flora on the Wakehurst Place estate. Acting on behalf of Kew as lead partner for the delivery of the UK Biodiversity Action Plan for the bryophytes Orthodontium gracile and Pallavicinia lyellii. Conservation of temperate trees through species orientated research. Conservation of sandstone ecosystems in Europe. Management of staff performing diverse roles at Wakehurst Place and of the estate itself.