Hands on activityCollect food packaging and labels from home to find out which countries your food has come from. Take them in to school.
1. Use your labels to make a list of food. Which countries have they come from? Compare them with your friends. Do you have the same foods but from different countries?
2. Look at a globe or map. Can you roughly measure the distance from the country where it was grown to the UK?
3. Put the countries in order of the closest to the furthest.
4. How do you think they were transported?
5. What is the climate like in these countries?
6. Which greenhouse would you put the plants in?
7. Are any foods grown locally?
8. Could you grow these plants in the UK?
9. Make a display to show your findings.