First think about these two main questions:
- What are weddings like in Indian cultures?
- What plants are part of weddings?
1. Follow just one of these links to see what plants people use to get the bride ready for the wedding.
The Pakistani mehndi ceremony story
Turmeric for a Bangladeshi bride story
Turmeric for brides story
Henna for Muslim weddings story
Picture of paan at a village wedding
2. What does the bridegroom do before the wedding?
Eating rice picture
Henna ceremony picture
Henna on hands picture
3. What happens on the wedding day?
Packages given to children picture
Coconut at Sikh weddings story
Coconut has many uses story
Hindi wedding ceremony picture
4. What plants were used for incense at Hindu weddings long ago?
The marriage of Vasudeva and Devaki picture
For more information about weddings on the Plant Cultures website:
- click here.
- search for 'wedding' or 'marriage' at the top of the web page and see what you get.