Live online chat with Kew experts on how to grow orchids
Ask our orchid specialists any questions you have about how to grow orchids.
12 Feb 2014
Phalaenopsis orchids from Kew's Orchid festival
- Date: 20 February 2014
- Time: 1-2pm
- Location: online
About the event
As part of Kew's Orchids festival, we are offering orchid enthusiasts an hour-long opportunity to put questions about growing orchids to Kew’s expert horticulturists.
Join us for a live chat with our Kew specialists - Lara Jewitt, Science Collections Coordinator, and Christopher Ryan, Nursery and Orchid Collection Manager. They will both be online to answer your questions for 60 minutes.
So whether you are already a keen orchid grower or you’re just starting from scratch, we’d love to hear from you.
1. You can submit a question in advance by 1pm on 19 February, either:
- by email – to email@example.com
- via twitter - follow @kewgardens and tweet your question using #KewOrchidsChat
2. Or you can submit a question on the day
- Visit this page from 1pm on 20 February and you will be able to post a live question using the comments function at the bottom of this page. Just click 'Add a comment', enter a username and an email address (don’t worry - your address will not appear publicly) and write your question in the Comment field. As soon as our specialists have a response, we'll publish the question and answer together at the bottom of this page.
How to join the live chat
- Just come back to this page at 1pm on 20 February – it’s as simple as that.
- There is no login. The live chat will be open to all. Just remember to refresh your page regularly (by clicking F5) to see the latest questions and answers as they are posted.
Orchids 2014: a plant hunter's paradise
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew
- english garden
- for kids
- english heritage
- around the world
- for friends
- the UK
- ground breaking
- brand new
- for plant lovers
- special interest
- at risk
- Kew at home
- high up
- garden plants