Kew the Music 2011
Our Summer Swing picnic concerts are re-launching as “Kew the Music” and we’re proud to announce this year’s stellar line-up.
08 Mar 2011
Get your tickets for Kew the Music 2011.
Kew the Music 2012
Kew the Music 2011
Following audience feedback from last year’s season, we’ve made some exciting changes to Summer Swing and are re-launching our summer picnic concerts as Kew the Music – a name that enables us to embrace a wide variety of musical styles.
We are proud to announce the following acts:
- The Feeling and The Noisettes - Wednesday 6 July 2011
- Jools Holland, with special guest Sandie Shaw - Thurs 7 July 2011
- Jamie Cullum (only London show), supported by Natalie Williams - Fri 8 July 2011
- Bryan Ferry, supported by Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Sat 9 July 2011
- Orquesta Buena Vista Social Club, Omara Portuondo and Chucho Valdes - Sun 10 July 2011
- Blondie, supported by The Magnets - Mon 11 July 2011
Tickets are ON SALE NOW!
So, what’s new?
Here are some of the new things that you can expect from Kew the Music in 2011.
- A diverse new line-up of original artists.
- A Sunday evening concert with an earlier start/finish time.
- Earlier access to the Gardens allowing more time for socialising with your friends.
- A limited number of reserved picnic spaces in the front section of the arena - perfect for those not able to arrive in time to gain entry at our new early access time!
- We’ve given some serious thought to optimising views of the stage all over the concert arena.
- A child ticket price for 6 to 16s is now available. As before, under 6s go free.
- Finally, our new VIP package offers guests a more informal hospitality offering, including a VIP lounge and private garden area for enjoying the concert.
- Click here to view a map of the arena layout.
Browse Kew news
- In the Gardens
- Science and conservation
- How you are helping
- Specialist science
- Kew blogs
- All Kew news
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew
- english garden
- for kids
- english heritage
- for friends
- gifts that help
- the UK
- ground breaking
- brand new
- for plant lovers
- special interest
- at risk
- Kew at home
- high up
- garden plants
Follow Kew on twitter
Unable to parse the data in the RSS file.