Creating a Kew wildlife zone
In 2004 children from two local primary schools worked with Kew to develop, restore and interpret a natural habitat within the Gardens. This resource pack brings together their experiences and is based on the concepts and techniques that were tested or stimulated as a result of this project.
In the pack you will find:
• An outline of the case study project at Kew (Chapter 1 pdf )
• Outdoor activities on habitats and wildlife (Chapter 2 pdf)
• Classroom activities on habitats and wildlife (Chapter 5 pdf)
• Cards for 140 plants and animals, with name, food chain information and brief description.These can be used for research, games and display (there is space on each card for children to draw the organism) (Chapter 3 species list pdf and cards). These can also be viewed with photographs in the web-based species cards.
• Sources of information (Chapter 8 pdf)
Find out more:
• See full pack contents
• See the children planting the wildlife zone
• See the children’s project work
• Search for information on British wildlife