Bioscience evening - KS3 to KS5 Biology
2015 - Date and details to be confirmed
Our bioscience evening will showcase biological practicals and resources aimed at enhancing the delivery of the Biology curriculum at both GCSE and A Level.
The evening has been designed to inspire, enthuse and support biology teachers by offering exciting and engaging hands-on biological science activities that translate easily into the classroom, the Learning Out of the Classroom and Cross Curricular initiatives.
Browse the interactive demonstration stands with a glass of wine, listen and question eminent lecturers and take part in a range of hands-on workshops and behind-the-scenes tours of Kew Gardens and the DNA banks at the Jodrell Laboratory.
Evening to include:
- understanding colorimetry workshop
- enquiry-based science activities and resources
- behind-the-scenes tours of the Jodrell DNA Banks and Kew's Plant Family Beds and classification
- exhibition/demonstrations of microscopy, plant science, microbiology, data harvesting, DNA technologies, immobilisation techniques, classification and biodiversity
- ecology field trips - non-residential and Edexcel visit reports to Kew