In celebration of Kew’s annual Orchids Festival, which starts 6 February, GAIL's Artisan Bakery have developed an exclusive shortbread.
This shortbread is only available in selected bakeries* and comes with a twist: half of the butter is replaced with tahini (sesame paste) and mixed with rice flour.
Find out more about Orchids 2016 at Kew Gardens
*Shortbread sold in the following GAIL's bakeries: Chiswick, Barnes, Wimbledon Village, Parsons Green, Fulham Road, Neo Bankside and Soho.
Enter our exclusive competition
We are offering you the chance to win a year’s Individual Family Friend membership to Kew Gardens plus a night’s stay at the 4* Grange Strathmore hotel.
Membership allows you to visit as often as you like while supporting Kew's vital science and conservation work.
Find out more about Membership benefits
How to enter
Simply fill in your details below and submit. Unless you have opted in to receive communications from Kew, we will only use the information you submit to contact you about the prize draw. Please see full terms and conditions below.
Competition closes for entries on Sunday 6 March 2016.
Competition entry form
Terms and Conditions
- The draw opens for entries at 08:00 on Monday 4 January, 2016.
- The draw closes for entries at 23:59 on Sunday 6 March 2016.
- Only one prize entry is permitted per person.
- To enter, you must live in the UK and be aged 16 or over.
- Employees of Kew (including Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Kew Enterprises, and Kew Foundation) and their immediate family are not eligible to enter.
- Incomplete entries will not be valid and will not be submitted into the draw.
- The draw will take place by Monday 7 March and the winner will be contacted within seven days of the draw via the email address provided.
- There is only one top prize to be won.
- The winner will have up to seven days from the date the email is sent to respond, after which time a redraw will take place and the prize will be allocated to a new winner.
- The prize needs to be redeemed within six months.
- The winner receives 1 year’s Individual Family Friend membership to Kew Gardens and a night’s stay at the 4* Grange Strathmore hotel.
- Individual Family Friend membership allows one named adult, one family guest, plus up to two children aged 4 to 16 years old.
- The prize is subject to availability and the hotel offer is for a twin /double room for two people including continental breakfast at Grange Strathmore Hotel.
- Prize is non-transferrable or refundable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer from Grange Hotels.
- Accommodation upgrades are at the hotel’s discretion and subject to availability.
- Transportation to the hotel is not included.
- The winner’s name and county of residence may be released on the websites and social media channels managed by Kew.
- The winner’s name and county can also be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the prize draw ending.
- The prize(s) is / are not for resale, are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. The promoter reserves the right to replace prizes with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
- The promoter's decision is final and binding on the entrants and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this prize draw.
- Unless you have indicated above or separately that you wish to be contacted by Kew, personal data supplied during the course of this promotion will only be used by Kew and third-party suppliers in connection with the promotion (ie. only as required to run the promotion and for fulfilment / delivery / arrangement of the prize).
- The promoter reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is The Board of Trustees of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3AB, and can be contacted via email@example.com.
More from Kew