|| Home | Structure, Membership and Purpose | EBHL Board ||
1. The European Botanical and Horticultural Libraries Group (EBHL) is an association to promote and facilitate co-operation and communication between those working in botanical and horticultural libraries, archives and related institutions in Europe. “Europe” is interpreted in the widest sense to include countries both within and outside the European Union (EU).
2. Membership is open on an institutional, personal or associate (for publishers, booksellers etc) basis.
3. There will be a Committee, elected for a three year period, consisting of a President, a Treasurer and a Secretary.
4. A basic subscription of 20 Euro for personal membership, 30 Euro for institutional membership (up to 4 persons), or 50 Euro for associates will be charged. At the Committee’s discretion, membership for libraries with funding difficulties will be without charge.
5. There will be an Annual Meeting for which a conference fee may be charged to a maximum of 30 Euro, at the discretion of the host institution. The fee would cover costs of the Meeting including hire of premises and payments to speakers. The Annual Meeting will be open to all those working in botanical and horticultural libraries, archives and related institutions whether or not they are formally members of the group, but a higher conference fee may be charged to non-members.
6. Proceeds from any subscription will be primarily used to help members from outside Western Europe with financial problems to attend the Annual Meeting, it may also be used to produce the Directory and any other activities agreed by the Board to assist in the work of the group.
7. A listserver for members only, is available at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Members are encouraged to use this means of communication. For those without access to e-mail please send questions or comments to the Secretary who will post them to the email group.
8. A directory of libraries is maintained on the EBHL website.
All enquiries should be addressed to :
Phone: +44 20 8332 5422
Webmaster | en Français | Modified 14 March 2008