- This wreath of leaves was collected by W. Flinders Petrie in 1888 from a grave in the cemetery of Hawara . The leaves are from Mimusops schimperi and the olive, Olea europaea. The wreath dates to the Greco-Roman period, circa 1st century BC.
- Kennard H. Martyn was the original donor of the artefact when it was first housed in the British Museum (Natural History) - the wreath was later transferred to Kew.
- Record posted on March 25, 2009 and last updated March 31, 2009