Natural Product Discovery
Kew can act as an independent expert reviewer on the science behind a product, or we can participate in product development bringing our knowledge of plant properties and identification. These products range from over-the-counter medicines to perfumes, from sweeteners to toothpastes.
When Kew plays a key role in the scientific development of a product there is also the potential to link with Kew’s high brand value.
Our work includes:
- identification of compounds
- evaluation of the activitity of compounds
- new sources of known compounds
- reviews of the distribution of compounds
- evaluating the traditional uses of plants
- drug development
- medicinal plant research
- pesticical plants
Kew’s Product Development contact is Professor Monique Simmonds.
Tel: 020 8332 5328/3747