Structure and staff
- Director: Richard Deverell
- Corporate Services
- Horticulture, Learning and Operations
- Kew Foundation
- Marketing and Commercial Enterprise
- Strategy & External Affairs
- Wakehurst Place
- Director, Corporate Services: Jill McLaughlin
- Head of Procurement: Joanna McKelvey
- Head of Finance: Fern Stoner
- Head of Estates: David Holroyd
- Head of Human Resources and Organisational Development: Sarah Donnelly
- General Counsel: Diane Scott
- Head of IT Operations and Information Security (interim): Matthew Mills
- Head of Temperate House Precinct Project: Andrew Williams
Curates the collection of living plants and provides integrated education and interpretation based on this world-leading resource. The Directorate supports the organisation's science, conservation, and visitor programmes. The living collections are housed within the historical landscapes and buildings at Kew and Wakehurst Place.
- Director of Horticulture, Learning and Operations: Richard Barley
- Arboretum, Gardens and Horticultural Services: Tony Kirkham
- Glasshouses, Nurseries and Decorative Horticulture: Greg Redwood
- Head of School of Horticulture: Tim Hughes
- Garden Design and Collection Support: Richard Wilford
- Head of Learning and Participation: Julia Willison
Responsible for commercial activities, the visitor experience at Kew and Wakehurst Place, education services for adults, volunteers, communications, marketing, publications and digital media. Commercial activities are operated by RBG Kew Enterprises Limited.
- Director, Marketing and Commercial Enterprise: Sandra Botterell
- Head of Commercial Activities: vacant post
- Head of Media Relations: Ciara O'Sullivan
- Head of Digital: Sophie Walpole (interim)
- Head of Design and Production: Lyn Modaberi
- Head of Sales and Marketing: Frank Cornelissen
The Shirley Sherwood and Marianne North Galleries at Kew provide public exhibition facilities for Kew’s extensive botanic art collection and for exhibiting new works of botanic art.
- Galleries & Exhibition Leader: Maria Devaney
- Director of Science: Professor Kathy Willis
- Deputy Director of Science: Professor Monique Simmonds
Research Professor: Professor Mark Chase FRS
The Science Directorate at Kew has been restructured with the aim of improving the impact and quality of our science and allowing Kew to fulfil its scientific potential. The new structure comprises six scientific research departments supported by the Office of the Science Directorate and Kew Consultancy Services.
- Head, Collections: Dr Alan Paton
- Head, Identification and Naming: Dr Tim Utteridge
- Head, Conservation: Dr Colin Clubbe
- Head, Natural Capital and Useful Plants: Dr Paul Wilkin
- Head, Comparative Plant and Fungal Biology: Dr Paula Rudall
- Head, Biodiversity Informatics and Spatial Analysis: Dr Abigail Barker
- Head, Directorate Office: Dr Charlotte Sweeney
The Library, Art and Archives represent one of the world’s foremost scientific libraries.
- Library, Art and Archives: Fiona Ainsworth (Acting Head of LAA)
Responsible for building Kew’s external reputation and relationships across all our stakeholders, facilitate changes to strategic plans, and ensure the effective governance of Kew.
- Director of Strategy and External Affairs: David Cope
- Head of External Affairs: Sarah Roberts
- Head of Secretariat: Magda North
Strategic Portfolio Manager: Michael McDonnell
- Director of Wakehurst Place: Tony Sweeney
The Foundation and Friends has the objective of raising funds for Kew from various sources including corporate donors and sponsors. It also manages Kew's Friends membership scheme.
- Co-Chief Executives of Kew Foundation (interim): Lynne Guyton and Alison Purvis
The Bentham-Moxon Trust was set up to provide financial support for botanical collections and research that further the work of Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.