Press Office contact details
For Kew Gardens and the Millennium Seed Bank Partnership call the press office during weekday office hours on 020 8332 5607 or email email@example.com
For out-of-hours press enquiries call 020 8332 5000 and a duty press officer will be contacted. Please note this number is for members of the press only.
For general enquiries please contact the information team on 020 8332 5655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For commercial filming or photography enquiries please call 020 8332 3676 or email email@example.com
For Wakehurst call Press Officer Sandra Howard during office hours on 01444 894366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome visits by media representatives researching stories and programmes about the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
Complimentary media passes for Kew
For a complimentary media pass you must apply in advance. We cannot issue complimentary media passes on the day, even to those with evidence of valid media accreditation.
Please download and complete the media visit application form and email the complete form to email@example.com.
We will issue you with a complimentary media pass if we are able to accomodate your visit.
Access with a media pass is limited to the public areas of the Gardens, unless requested otherwise.
Latest press releases
The State of the World's Plants Report 2017
18 May 2017
Kew Science Festival 2017
11 March 2017
Joseph Hooker Bicentenary Celebrations at Kew Gardens
4 March 2017
For more press releases
Press Image Library
View and download images from our library of high resolution press images.
Call or email the Press Office for a username and password.
Press filming and photography
We will handle non-commercial filming and photography free of charge or part-charged if we think it will benefit Kew Gardens (by publicising our scientific work, festival or status as a visitor attraction). Any charge would depend on the nature and duration of your filming in the Gardens.
These guidelines outline the service we provide and what is required of you.
Making a filming/photography request
- Submit a detailed itinerary to the Press Office including locations, plants, interviews and accurate timings and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filming/photography is not permitted at weekends or after the Gardens/Glasshouses close (these timings vary seasonally).
- Filming can also be arranged through our commercial filming department who charge their time by the hour and can offer more flexibility. Call 020 8332 3676 or email email@example.com.
- Recce: we require the crew/photographer to carry out a recce with a member of Kew staff.
- Location release: we will sign this at the recce stage
- Insurance agreement: supply this at the recce stage
- Personal/parental release forms: it is the responsibility of the crew/photographer to gain signed consent where necessary before filming.
Requirements on day of filming/photography
- Arrive at Cambridge Cottage Offices, 37 Kew Green and ring the marketing bell unless otherwise agreed.
- No vehicles are allowed, please bring a trolley to transport your equipment around the Gardens.
- Kew staff accompany the crew/photographer at all times, your filming is dependent on staff being available.
- We ask that you do not interact with the public. It is essential that you consult us if you intend to interact with the public and, if we agree, that you gain personal/parental permission.