Head of Strategic Projects
Professor Simon Owens
Head of Science Policy and Coordination
Dr Eimear Nic Lughadha
Herbarium, Library, Art and Archives
Conducts research on plant resource inventories, produces manuals for identifying the plants concerned, and works with the other science departments to prepare classifications capable of predicting the likely distribution of useful properties and evolutionary relationships.
- Keeper of the Herbarium, Library, Art and Archives: Professor David Mabberley
- Head of Library, Art and Archives: Christopher Mills
- Assistant Keeper and Head of Systematics: Dr Dave Simpson
- Assistant Keeper and Head of Biodiversity, Information and Conventions: Dr Alan Paton
- Assistant Keeper and Head of Regional Teams and Curation: Dr Rogier de Kok
Undertakes pure and applied research on anatomy, biochemistry, cytogenetics, molecular systematics, biosystematics, plant physiology and mycology.
- Keeper of the Jodrell Laboratory: Professor Mark Chase FRS
- Deputy Keeper of the Jodrell Laboratory: Professor Monique Simmonds
Seed Conservation is home to the Millennium Seed Bank Project which aims to facilitate the conservation of 10% of the world's flowering plants as seed by 2010. In addition to their seed banking activity, department staff are involved in various research and technology projects on seed storage, germination and diagnostics.
- Head of Seed Conservation: Dr Paul Smith
Horticulture and Public Experience
Curates the collection of living plants and provides integrated education and interpretation based on this world-leading resource. The Department supports the organisation's science, conservation and visitor programmes. The living collections are housed within the historical landscapes and buildings at Kew and Wakehurst Place.
- Head of Horticulture and Public Experience (Curator): Dr Nigel Taylor
Corporate Operations & Finance
Director, Corporate Operations and Finance
Provides all the services necessary to plan, maintain and improve a complex and demanding estate, which includes 42 listed buildings, and supervises the work undertaken by contractors.
- Head of Estates: David Holroyd
Legal & Governance
Looks after legal and contractual issues, and the procedures which ensure the smooth operation of the governing bodies of the organisation.
- Head of Legal and Governance: Catherine Daniels
Maintains all the required statutory accounting records and provides management accounts and financial information to the other departments as necessary, and provides the sound basis for financial planning.
- Head of Finance: Rebecca Bower
Responsible for personnel management, training and development, and handles staff pay and conditions of service.
- Head of Human Resources: Elizabeth Smith
- Chief Information Officer: David Ivell
Communications and Commercial Activities
- Director of Communications and Commercial Activities: Jill Preston
Content & Learning
Director of Content and Learning
- Professor Angela McFarlane
Head of Media Resources and Publishing
- Gina Fullerlove
Director of Digital Media
- Mike Saunders
Head of Schools and Families Programme
- Christine Newton
Head of Wakehurst Place
- Andy Jackson
RBG Kew Enterprises
The Enterprises company manages operations which are primarily commercial. It covenants its profits to Kew, an arrangement envisaged within the National Heritage Act.
The Foundation and Friends of RBG Kew
Director of Development, Kew Foundation, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
The Foundation and Friends has the objective of raising funds for Kew from various sources including corporate donors and sponsors. It also manages Kew's Friends membership scheme.
The Bentham-Moxon Trust was set up to provide financial support for botanical collections and research that further the work of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.