Filming at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Non-commercial filming that is deemed by the Press Office to benefit Kew Gardens - is handled free of charge or part-charged dependant on the nature of filming and how long you need to be in the Gardens for. The following guidelines outline the service provided by the Press Office and what is required from applicants in return.
- A detailed itinerary must be submitted before any filming in the Gardens is agreed. Location, plant or interview specifics and an accurate estimate of timing must be included. This allows us to arrange access to the required areas and make sure that everything is in place.
- Due to the size and diversity of the site and volume of information that can be found at Kew all crews must carry out a recce with a member of staff.
- A location release must be signed by us at the stage of a recce. A copy of your insurance agreement must also be supplied.
- All requests must come to the Press Office in the first instance. Once your proposal has been accepted by the Press Office it must be adhered to.
- On the day of filming please arrive at Cambridge Cottage Offices, 37 Kew Green and ring the marketing bell unless otherwise agreed.
- No vehicles are allowed into the Gardens. We therefore advise that you bring a trolley to transport your equipment around the Gardens.
- It is Kew’s policy that film crews are accompanied at all times whilst in the Gardens. Your filming is dependent upon staff being available.
- It is the crew's responsibility to supply personal/parental release forms and obtain signatures prior to filming. If prior consent is not gained in the form of a signed document, no filming/interview will be possible.
- Kew is a major visitor attraction and our visitors expect a quiet and peaceful environment. We ask that you respect this and discourage interaction with the public. It is essential that you consult us if you intend to interact with the public, and if we give prior agreement that personal/parental permission is gained.
- Please note that no filming is permitted at weekends or after the Gardens/Glasshouses close. You will need to check these timings as they vary seasonally. Opening and closing hours
- Unfortunately we do not have unlimited time to offer film crews and therefore have to apply these guidelines. Alternatively filming can be arranged through our commercial filming department who charge their time by the hour and can therefore offer more flexibility. Contact Andrew Conner on 020 8332 5501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew