Sound Control Management Plan
- We will employ the services of an acoustic consultant to liaise with all parties on matters relating to the control of music levels. This person will in set the noise levels being controlled by the limiter.
- We will adhere to any reasonable control measures specified by Richmond Borough Council. We have detailed robust control measures below.
- We will be using the same equipment employed during December 2005 events, which passed without incident.
- We will ensure that projected noise levels created by guests are less than background noise levels. In addition we will ensure that effective stewarding reduces the opportunity for guests to cause noise.
- A strategically-designed and tested exit system to control noise levels.
Based on the work we did within the Gardens in 2005 we will implement the following controls over sound levels.
- The marquee site will not be used between midnight and 9am.
- All speeches utilising a speech PA will cease by 22.30 and shall be limited to a total duration of no more than 60 minutes in any one event.
- Only recorded music will be played after 22.30.
- During receptions and for speeches, sound will be under the control of a limiter and evenly distributed around the marquee using a series of small speakers pointed directly into the marquee to create an even distribution of sound and calibrated and controlled so that the maximum sound output remains within boundary levels.
- All recorded dance music will be under the control of a limiter.
- Non-recorded or band music will be played through a conventional sited PA system under the control of a limiter, with all sound levels calibrated to determine the maximum sound output remains within levels set by the sound consultant.
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew