Job title: Constable x3
REF: 51, 52 & 58
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY: Internal and External
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time 36 hours net
JOB STATUS: Permanent
SALARY PER ANNUM: £17,729
DIRECTORATE: Public Programmes
LOCATION: Royal Botanic Gardens, Richmond
These roles are part of the day to day operation of an effective and efficient Security Team operation at Kew Gardens. The team play a key role in welcoming c1.3 million visitors and supporting the public programme by delivering key operational objectives that contribute to Kew’s revenue, reach and impact.
These roles are managed by the Security Manager and are part of the Visitor Services team. The main purpose of this role is to deliver Kew’s mission by:
- providing an efficient, customer focussed service to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the security of Kew’s assets, staff, contractors, partners and visitors
- Effectively use all security systems to create a safe and secure environment
With a good standard of education (minimum 5 GCSE / NVQ Level 2 or equivalent) the post holder will have previous experience in a customer facing role and working with the public. They will also have previous experience of communicating effectively with customers in a range of situations, including difficult or emergency situations. Basic IT skills, including use of Microsoft Outlook, and a full UK driving license are also required
For full details of the job purpose, accountabilities and essential education, skills and experience for this role please view the job description document.
These positions are subject to DBS checks.
Benefits include 30 days holiday per year, a choice of defined benefit or stakeholder pension, a flexible benefits scheme as well as a great working environment.
CLOSING DATE: 25 September 2013 at 10am
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
How To Apply
1. Download and read the Job Profile.
2. Complete an Application Form and an Equality and Diversity Form.
3. Return your completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Form to email@example.com. Please be advised that we do not accept applications by post. If you have a disability or a special need that requires support please contact us on 020 8332 3135.
Guidance for applicants (Word)
We will only contact those candidates selected for interview. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, you should presume that you will not be called for interview. Unfortunately we are unable to provide feedback on your application if you are not selected for an interview.
If you have any general queries please do not hesitate to call the recruitment team on 020 8332 3135.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.