Job title: Interim Festivals Manager
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY: Internal - external
HOURS OF WORK: 36 hours per week (net)
JOB STATUS: 51 weeks maternity cover starting November 2013
SALARY PER ANNUM: £32,429 to £34,959 depending on experience
DIRECTORATE: Public Programs
LOCATION: RBG Kew
Kew is the world-leader in plant diversity science, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a major visitor attraction, that shows the importance of plants in all our lives. Kew’s mission is to inspire and deliver science-based plant conservation worldwide, enhancing the quality of life.
We are seeking a highly organised individual to join our Engagement and Interpretation Team and manage our exciting festivals programme which forms the majority of the public programme at the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew.
The public programme at RBG Kew is one of the key opportunities we have to engage the public in a positive way with the environmental challenges faced by the planet and how understanding plants and conserving their diversity is at the heart of helping us to live in a better balance with the world around us. At the same time, the role of the public programme to drive admissions related income, which represents one third of our self-generated income, means that providing a motivating reason to visit - competing with the challenging London attractions market - is a key objective of this post.
The year will include a variety of festivals incorporating new installations, horticultural exhibitions, fine art, performance, talks, workshops and more; with the major summer festival on the theme of Drugs and Poisons.
We are looking for someone with the skills to make projects, activities and installations happen on the ground. The successful candidate will need to have:
- Excellent large-scale project and budget management skills
- Confident, rational and well thought-out decision-making
- The ability to manage project groups and team members efficiently, with tact and diplomacy
Operation of Festivals:
- Inventiveness and flexibility - needed to solve problems as they occur on site.
- Interpersonal skills - needed to work comfortably alongside teams from departments across Kew.
- The ability to work confidently with external contractors and partners
Evening, weekend and bank holiday working will be required for which time off in lieu will be given. Benefits include 30 days holiday per year, a choice of defined benefit or stakeholder pension, a flexible benefits scheme as well as a great working environment.
Application packs are available from our website www.kew.org/aboutus/jobs Alternatively, please contact the HR Department, RBG Kew, on 020 8332 5150. Please quote Ref 2621.
CLOSING DATE: 9am Monday 16 September 2013
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 23rd September 2013 (TBC)
How To Apply
1. Download and read the Job Profile.
2. Complete an Application Form and an Equality and Diversity Form.
3. Return your completed Application Form and Equality and Diversity Form to email@example.com. Please be advised that we do not accept applications by post. If you have a disability or a special need that requires support please contact us on 020 8332 3135.
Guidance for applicants (Word)
We will only contact those candidates selected for interview. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, you should presume that you will not be called for interview. Unfortunately we are unable to provide feedback on your application if you are not selected for an interview.
If you have any general queries please do not hesitate to call the recruitment team on 020 8332 3135.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.