Kew's Flickr group - Terms & Conditions
Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
1. By sharing your photograph with the Your Kew Flickr group, you agree to these Group Rules and agree to abide by the Flickr Community Guidelines.
2. Before sharing your photos with the Your Kew Flickr group, please read these Terms carefully. They contain standards which you must comply with, and important information about what rights the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew will have to use your photographs.
3. By sharing your photos with the Your Kew Flickr group, in respect of each photograph you confirm that it:
- was taken at Kew Gardens, London or Wakehurst Place, West Sussex.
- is consistent with the Flickr Community Guidelines
- is your original work
- does not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party
- does not contain any obscene or defamatory content or material
4. By sharing your photos with the Your Kew Flickr group, in respect of each photograph you grant to Kew a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, licence to display your photo (as it is stored on Flickr) on Kew's website and/or from Kew's server (including in a live gallery) where such display is connected with Kew.
This licence shall apply for the period during which the photo is posted in the Your Kew Flickr group. If you remove your photo from the Your Kew Flickr group, this licence will automatically terminate and your photo will no longer be displayed on Kew's website. If your photo is displayed on Kew’s website and/or from Kew’s server (for example in a live gallery), your Flickr screen name and the title of the picture will appear with the photo.
5. Unless Kew has contacted you and obtained your express approval, Kew will only use your photo(s) by displaying it on Kew’s website and/or from Kew’s server (including in a live gallery) whilst your image is in the Your Kew Flickr group and where such display is connected with Kew's website.
6. Kew shall not be obliged to display your photographs and shall not have any liability to you for any loss of publicity or enhancement of reputation.
7. Kew reserves the right to cancel the Your Kew Flickr group at any time.
8. You are reminded that it is a term of entry to Kew's gardens that photography at Kew and Wakehurst Place is permitted for non-commercial purposes only.
9. By entering your photo to the Your Kew Flickr group, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms.
10. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, these terms and conditions.
Your Kew Flickr Group guidelines
These guidelines outline best practice for sharing your photograph(s) with the Your Kew Flickr group. These guidelines are important if you would like your photos to be considered for inclusion on Kew's website.
The subject of photographs submitted to the Your Kew Flickr Group must have been taken at Kew Gardens, London or Wakehurst Place, West Sussex, and include as much information about the subject of your photograph as possible. For example:
- meaningful image titles and tags that describe where the photo was taken e.g. 'Kew Gardens' 'Wakehurst Place'
- meaningful image titles and tags that reference the name of the primary subject/species (i.e. common name and/or scientific name of a plant or name of building). You can find species name information on labels around the gardens.
- descriptive content about the photograph where possible.
If you would like your photograph to be considered for inclusion on Kew's interactive map 'Explore Kew,' please apply 'geo tag' data to your image(s).
Keep up to date with events and news from Kew